Pop-Up Party: The Crostini Party
Crostini: Italian for small round pieces of toast with toppings
Crostinis are the ultimate party food; easy to make, fun to create and even tastier to eat.
The perfect blank canvas to show off both savory and sweet creations, Crostinis are the party girls favorite go-to item for a light bite menu and simple cocktail party. You can also prep these guys the day before making it a snap to set up on the big day. Besides the fact they look gorgeous, served with champagne, a simple cocktail or wine – this is your fool proof ticket to hosting like a pro.
Scroll down and feast your eyes on some of my favorite flavor combinations. The possibilities of different pairings are truly endless. Making crostini for a large party is super simple. Invite a few friends over to help out and you’ve got yourself an instant pre-party.
1. Buy a couple fresh loaves of French bread and slice into 1/3 inch thick slices.
2. Drizzle a teaspoon of olive oil on each slice.
3. Toast the slices in the oven on 350 for 8-10 minutes. They should have a slight golden color and nice toasted feel with the center of the crostini being firm enough to hold topping without getting soggy.
4. Once cooled slather them with either ricotta, hummus, tapenade, mashed avocado, peas, whites beans, cream cheese or simply alone with olive oil.
5. Next knock yourself out with your toppings. Chopped tomatoes, basil, crispy leeks, toasted walnuts and apple, roquefort cheese with fresh figs and honey, prociutto with buratta cheese drizzled with aged balsamic, wasabi mustard and grilled shrimp – somebody stop me.
You can make it even easier on yourself and set up a DIY crostini party. Set out a basket of your homemade crostinis and bowls of delicious toppings. Let your guests serve themselves and have fun creating their own delectable combinations.
Oh and it’s ok to drool on the key board 😉
XO ~ L
Top Row: hard boiled egg and chives; cucumbers, mint and dill; smoked salmon and chive
Second Row: leeks caramelized in butter; strawberries and aged balsamic vinegar; extra-virgin olive oil, lemon zest and sea salt
Third Row: radishes and sea salt; smoked salmon and dill; blueberries and honey
Bottom Row: cucumbers, mint and dill; hazelnuts and apricot jam; tomatoes and basil pesto