Tree decorated – check.
House cleaned – check.
Grocery shopping – almost.
Presents wrapped – does a shopping bag count?
I love the holidays. I look forward to them every year starting with Thanksgiving, ramping right up to New Years. What I don’t love is how much stuff I have to do, all the running around, planning, organizing, thinking, driving, rushing. It seems like a mad race to through them instead of being able to enjoy them – that’s when I stop and say to myself “you are letting life take over and take the the best gift of the holidays away with it – the holiday spirit”
If you find your Holiday cheer starting to wane, I’ve got news for you: joy and stress do not go together. As a matter of fact, stress has a way of bullying fun, creativity and light heartedness right out of the picture. If this has happened to you, you’re not alone – I’ve been there too.
In fact, 90% of the world has. Which is why the holidays can also pose a slight conundrum for the fabulous host/esses out there trying to do it all and coming up short in the holiday spirit department. So, just how does one get inspired and fuel those creative juices, joy and light heartedness by dinner tonight?
Here’s what to do:
1) Make a cup of something comforting – hot chocolate for me – tea for you?
2) Grab your ipad, lap top, mobile device – but don’t check your emails.
3) Schedule 15 minutes of alone time. Lock yourself in the bathroom if you have to – I have a rug in mine.
4) Take 5 slow, deep breaths then give yourself a giant mental hug – visualize your arms wrapped lovingly around you.
5) Next lose yourself in some of these beautiful and inspiring “Happy Holiday” images I curated to help you when you lose sight of what matters most and to see the day in a new meaningful way….
Inspired literally means ‘the spirit within‘ – treat yourself to images that move you, whether it be family photos, coffee table books or magazines – and begin to feel the connection to your spirit once again.