Roasted Butternut Squash, Kale + Beet Salad
Not only is this dynamo salad a big flavor bomb, easy to make and intensely satiating, but it’s loaded with all the antioxidants, omegas, nutrients, vitamins and disease fighting, pH balanced ingredients you need for the entire day in one meal!
Serves 4-6 || Cook time: 15 minutes – Active time: 15 minutes
1. Coat butternut squash with olive oil, cinnamon, salt, pepper and maple syrup, place on cookie sheet and roast 10-15 minutes in the oven at 400.
2. Toast walnuts on separate sheet at the same time, 8-10 min.
3. Grate beets with the large slots on a cheese grater.
4. Take squash and walnuts out of oven and let cool slightly.
5. Combine and toss kale, walnuts and squash with Apple Cider Vinaigrette – make sure leaves are coated.
6. Add and toss beets last, drizzling more vinaigrette.
Serve, enjoy and toast to good heath!
2 Cups cubed butternut squash
3-4 / 5-7 oz handfuls fresh baby kale
2 large raw beets
1 cup toasted walnuts
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ maple syrup
1/4 cup olive oil to coat the butternut squash before roasting
2 pinches kosher /Himalayan salt
3 twists of the pepper mill